Posted to alt.home.repair
Eddie G

Default hanging blind brackets

I got new windows in my daughter's room, and the new window sits closer
in the window frame than the old one. I went to hang up the blinds and
because the window is closer in, when I went to drill a hole for the
bracket screw instead of sheetrock I got the metal strip that builders
put on the edges of where the top of the window frame and the wall
meet. Can I just put the screws in the metal? Do I need anchors if I
screw into the metal?

Thanks!!

Eddie

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

"Eddie G" wrote in message
oups.com...
I got new windows in my daughter's room, and the new window sits closer
in the window frame than the old one. I went to hang up the blinds and
because the window is closer in, when I went to drill a hole for the
bracket screw instead of sheetrock I got the metal strip that builders
put on the edges of where the top of the window frame and the wall
meet. Can I just put the screws in the metal? Do I need anchors if I
screw into the metal?

Thanks!!

Eddie

I am assuming from your description that you are hitting the drywall corner
bead. If the hole you are drilling is at least 3/4" towards the outside from
room side of the wall most likely there is a stud behind the metal. Use a
#6 or #8 screw that is at least 1.25" long to hit the stud.

If that is not the case and you can drill an extra hole in the bracket to
accomplish that you should do it that way. Attaching it to just the corner
bead is not a good plan but I have seen it work where there was no other
choice.

Colbyt

Levolor cellular blind gives very strong smell in sunny day Yvan Home Ownership 1 August 17th 05 02:21 PM
Heavy Duty Standards and Brackets Praising Jesus Woodworking 2 January 28th 05 10:17 PM
roller blind brackets stuart noble UK diy 4 March 26th 04 10:55 AM
Re hanging a radiator AndyP UK diy 3 August 28th 03 12:01 PM
roller blind help Tony Williams UK diy 3 July 23rd 03 04:20 PM