Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Default Lumber Yard in Toronto

Hi,

Can someone suggest a lumber yard near Toronto where I can buy pressure
treated stair stringers ? I want those which are cut out from one
piece, not the type Home Depot or Lansing carry which are glue together
from smaller pieces.

I can't believe it is so difficult to find something this common.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Can someone suggest a lumber yard near Toronto where I can buy pressure
treated stair stringers ? I want those which are cut out from one
piece, not the type Home Depot or Lansing carry which are glue together
from smaller pieces.

I can't believe it is so difficult to find something this common.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Doubt you'll find them ready made. You'll need to have them cut out.
Stringers are not really a common item as for stairs to be done properly
they should be cut to the proper size and can vary a few inches from deck to
deck. It is really not hard to do it yourself. Buy a square, ruler, pencil
and book on basic carpentry. .

You may be able to find a lumberyard that does millwork and can do it for
you.