Posted to alt.home.repair
bill allemann

Default concrete topping mix question

When painting the old concrete with the latex bonding solution, is is
better to dampen the concrete first (with water) or put the
latex onto completely dry concrete?

thanks
bill
Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Spitzer

"bill allemann" wrote in message
m...
When painting the old concrete with the latex bonding solution, is is
better to dampen the concrete first (with water) or put the
latex onto completely dry concrete?

thanks
bill

what does it say on the package? if not, is there an 800 number to call for
product information?

Posted to alt.home.repair
louie

I agree with Charles, check the container for directions. In general,
I think the concrete should be clean and dry. An acid wash with
muriatic acid is sometimes suggested followed by washing it down with
water and letting it dry completely, but be careful with this as it
(acid) can be dangerous if used improperly.

If you want more information, just google search for "latex bondage"!

.....eep! no! I was just kidding about the search phrase!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger

I always sweep any particles and dust off the concrete with a stiff bristle
broom, then lightly spray the surface with water, using a nozzle on a garden
hose, then brushing on the latex.. The bonding solution seems to bond better
that way. I don't know if your latex bond is the same stuff I used, which
looked and smelled like regular Elmers White Glue-All, but had a fancy
name. Whatever, it worked well.