Posted to alt.home.repair
Greg G

Default Grizzly Finish Nailer: Nice price. Is it crap?

http://www.grizzly.com/products/H6143

Does anyone have any experience with this tool? I have two anticipated
uses for a finish nailer:

1. Putting up molding in my kitchen
2. Storing the nailer on a shelf.

I may find it handy once I have it, but I don't think I'll make heavy
demands on it.

Greg Guarino
Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

There are some nailers that use rechargable batteries. I know a Pella
technician who loves his. He's the guy Pella sends in my area when the
installers mess up and fixes it up/

"Greg G" wrote in message
http://www.grizzly.com/products/H6143

Does anyone have any experience with this tool? I have two anticipated
uses for a finish nailer:

1. Putting up molding in my kitchen
2. Storing the nailer on a shelf.

I may find it handy once I have it, but I don't think I'll make heavy
demands on it.

Greg Guarino

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've got this, and yes, it's crap. The goggles that come with the kit
are especially crap!

I got it to do a load of trim work throughout my house and it has
performed admirably and without a single jam. As far as I'm concerned I
purchased it for this single job which it has completed without issue.
It has saved me a ton of time, has cost less than renting one for 2-3
of weekends and I'm left with a nailer that will be useful for
occasional use so it has more than met my expectations.

At the end of the day it's still crap and probably wouldn't last 5
minutes with a trim carpenter but it does just fine for my use.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Keith Williams

In article ,
says...
http://www.grizzly.com/products/H6143

Does anyone have any experience with this tool? I have two anticipated
uses for a finish nailer:

1. Putting up molding in my kitchen
2. Storing the nailer on a shelf.

I may find it handy once I have it, but I don't think I'll make heavy
demands on it.

A few months ago while browsing at the local Borg I came across a
Porter Cable kit with a 6Gal pancake compressor, a 16Ga. and 18Ga.
nailer, and 1/4" crown stapler for $298 (the kit without the
stapler was $297 . I'm sure it's not up to contractor's
standards, but it's worked well enough.

--
Keith

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Greg G wrote in
:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/H6143

Does anyone have any experience with this tool? I have two anticipated
uses for a finish nailer:

1. Putting up molding in my kitchen
2. Storing the nailer on a shelf.

I may find it handy once I have it, but I don't think I'll make heavy
demands on it.

Greg Guarino

Maybe you should try an inexpensive nailer from Harbor Freight.
(Central Pneumatic brand)
Some of them get good reviews in Wood Magazine.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

Grizzly nailers are near the bottom of the quality list. Better
brands include Senco, Porter-Cable, Paslode.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Greg G

On 17 Jan 2006 00:16:22 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

Home Depot had a name-brand compressor/nailer combo for sale @ ~$200,last
time I was there.

They have a Porter Cable kit, but I believe it has a brad nailer (18
gauge), not a finish nailer. I've been told that 18 gauge is not what
I should use for molding. The kits that include a finish nailer are
considerably more expensive and buying the compressor and nailer
separately is much more expensive.

Greg