Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph O'Brien

Default dryer vent length, multiple bends

My dryer is currently located on an exterior wall. It vents directly
outside.

As nice as this is, I want to move the dryer to the opposite wall so I
can stack it on top of my washer. After reading about dryer duct
length on this newsgroup and other places, I understand that the
maximum length of the duct is 25', minus 5' for every 90 degree bend,
not counting the last elbow that connects to the exterior wall.

Would someone here help me verify the maximum length in my situation?
Basically, I need to go up the interior wall, across the ceiling, and
down the exterior wall, and out. So I have...

Dryer + elbow + vertical duct + elbow + horizontal duct + elbow +
vertical duct + elbow outside.

By my initial calculations, since I have 3 90-degree elbows (not
counting the one leading outside), I reduce my maximum duct length by
15 feet. Does that sound right? I counted the elbow coming out of the
dryer... is that right?

Thanks for your help,
Joseph

Dryer vent Chas12 Home Repair 32 December 22nd 05 02:29 PM
Inline Dryer Vent Jibber Home Repair 5 December 16th 05 08:54 PM
Dryer vent flange [email protected] Home Repair 4 November 7th 05 12:50 PM
Dryer vent routing across basement ceiling dean Home Repair 14 November 2nd 05 07:06 PM
Auxilliary external fan for dryer vent? Bob_M Home Repair 6 November 2nd 04 02:28 AM