Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Trailer Light Wiring Color Code

This is probably a little off topic, but a simple question for someone
that knows.

I am making a light bar for trailers. Of the 4 wires, I know that
White is ground
Brown is tail lights
Green is Signal/brake ?
Yellow is Signal/brake ?

But which is the Right and which is the Left?
(My car is not available at the moment, or I'd just put a meter on
it).

Thanks for all replies.

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256

wrote in message
news
This is probably a little off topic, but a simple question for someone
that knows.

I am making a light bar for trailers. Of the 4 wires, I know that
White is ground
Brown is tail lights
Green is Signal/brake ?
Yellow is Signal/brake ?

But which is the Right and which is the Left?
(My car is not available at the moment, or I'd just put a meter on
it).

Thanks for all replies.

Mark

Usually:

Yellow - left
Green - Right

Check your website :-)

http://marksrv.com/wiring.htm

http://www.etrailer.com/faq/wiring.asp

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks to both of you.
Appreciate the help.

I didn't know I had a website....
Now I do --- Cool....... lol
Lots of good info on there too !

Mark

-----

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:58:18 GMT, "Rich256" wrote:

news