Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
chicagofan

Default Advice about garage door repairs needed...

My garage doors got 2 panels knocked out over the holidays by a [indigent]
family member, and I need to know if it is likely that the whole door will
have to replaced... rather than repaired.

It was installed 20 yrs. ago, and has 3 windows in it, above the panels
which were damaged. It's never been worked on, and previously just made a
lot of noise in the summertime, because the female owner of the house [moi],
never oiled it. Sorry I don't know the manufacturer.

So my question, is it likely those panels can be replaced, or that I have to
spring for the whole door? And if I have to buy a new door, what type is
the most reasonable in the Southeast? What's the choice or price range now,
if I still want a door with the windows?

I got a coupon in the mail from Overhead Door, which used to have a good
reputation in my area. Anyone used them recently? Any advice will be
appreciated. TIA...

Barbara