Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat

Default Electrical outlet

I am adding wall to wall, floor to ceiling cupboards to one wall of a
bedroom. Two outlets are being covered by cupboards. Access to the outlets
will be provided inside the cupboards. The wall next to the cupboards will
not have an outlet within 6 feet (its inside the cupboard). Do I need to
add another outlet to this wall?

Posted to alt.home.repair
CGB

It's your call. If your cupboards end up looking like mine, you'll never be
able to find any outlets behind all the junk. Plus, if you can find an
outlet in the cupboard, are you going to run a cord through the front of the
cupboard to reach the outlet that is on the back wall of the cupboard?

Chet

"Pat" wrote in message
I am adding wall to wall, floor to ceiling cupboards to one wall of a
bedroom. Two outlets are being covered by cupboards. Access to the
outlets will be provided inside the cupboards. The wall next to the
cupboards will not have an outlet within 6 feet (its inside the cupboard).
Do I need to add another outlet to this wall?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:09:10 -0800, "Pat"
wrote:

I am adding wall to wall, floor to ceiling cupboards to one wall of a
bedroom. Two outlets are being covered by cupboards. Access to the outlets
will be provided inside the cupboards. The wall next to the cupboards will
not have an outlet within 6 feet (its inside the cupboard). Do I need to
add another outlet to this wall?

Outlets can be installed in a wide base molding applied to the
cupboards. I'm not familiar with your local building codes, but
generally you don't see too many outlets in a room.