Posted to alt.home.repair
Pamela G.

Default How much Caustic Soda do I use for my Cesspool Leach Line?

Hi, can anyone tell me how much caustic soda to put in my cesspool? And
when do I add it, on a monthly basis or just when it starts to fill up
and needs to be pumped?

My Dad recently died and with him died the directions on how much and
how often he added the caustic soda. All I know is that he always wore
gloves and a mask when working with the caustic soda. Any info would be
appreciated. Pam

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich

Serves ya right for taking your Dad for granted. You should have been
helping him instead of assuming he would be on **** patrol forever.

"Pamela G." wrote in message
Hi, can anyone tell me how much caustic soda to put in my cesspool? And
when do I add it, on a monthly basis or just when it starts to fill up
and needs to be pumped?

My Dad recently died and with him died the directions on how much and
how often he added the caustic soda. All I know is that he always wore
gloves and a mask when working with the caustic soda. Any info would be
appreciated. Pam

Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

Pamela G. wrote:
Hi, can anyone tell me how much caustic soda to put in my cesspool? And
when do I add it, on a monthly basis or just when it starts to fill up
and needs to be pumped?

My Dad recently died and with him died the directions on how much and
how often he added the caustic soda. All I know is that he always wore
gloves and a mask when working with the caustic soda. Any info would be
appreciated. Pam

Assuming this is not a troll...

None at all.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pamela G.

Thanks Rich, you're obviously an idiot who doesn't know the answer.

Carry on, the newsgroups need dumb male posters.

Posted to alt.home.repair
JohnH

My Dad recently died and with him died the directions on how much and
how often he added the caustic soda.

It sounds like he was doing something totally unnecessary and perhaps even
harmful.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson

"Pamela G." wrote in message

Hi, can anyone tell me how much caustic soda to put in my cesspool? And
when do I add it, on a monthly basis or just when it starts to fill up
and needs to be pumped?

Ask the municipal building permit office where you live.
You need to be sure you are talking about an (open)
cesspool as distinct from a (closed) septic tank.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pamela G. wrote:
:

: I wrote 'cesspool' and it's a septic tank. I talked to the guy that
: pumped it and he told me caustic soda is a bad thing to use. Now I'll
: have to figure out how to safely dispose of a half bag of caustic soda.
: Thank you for your help. Pam
:

Very carefully. In case you don't already know this, Caustic Soda
= Lye = Sodium Hydroxide. Call your local hazardous waste disposal
facility. I'm sure they'll take it.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Rich, Mkam wrote: