Posted to alt.home.repair
peter

Default drain pipe

There is a perforated drain pipe jutting out from the corner of my
crawlspace:
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/990857 (the photo is tilted; click on
"original" for a closer look)

It is apparently clogged or partially clogged because as you can see, there
is a puddle of water right next to it. Judging from the mud lodged on the
wash rock under it, it must have worked sometime in the past.

Is there anyway to find out how long the perforated portion is before it
connects to a non-perforated storm drain? I want to make sure that length is
clear (with a snake or a hose) because I'm worry the perforated portion may
be attacked by tree roots in my yard. The house was built in 1984 in
seattle.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger

Video survey will answer question, but that is 300 bucks at roto rooter.
Suggest you find DIY books on foundation and house perimeter drainage
systems. Yours looks like it was a total afterthought, and not installed
correctly, and possibly cut at some point.