Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger

Default drain pipe

Video survey will answer question, but that is 300 bucks at roto rooter.
Suggest you find DIY books on foundation and house perimeter drainage
systems. Yours looks like it was a total afterthought, and not installed
correctly, and possibly cut at some point.

"peter" wrote in message
There is a perforated drain pipe jutting out from the corner of my
crawlspace:
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/990857 (the photo is tilted; click on
"original" for a closer look)

It is apparently clogged or partially clogged because as you can see,
there is a puddle of water right next to it. Judging from the mud lodged
on the wash rock under it, it must have worked sometime in the past.

Is there anyway to find out how long the perforated portion is before it
connects to a non-perforated storm drain? I want to make sure that length
is clear (with a snake or a hose) because I'm worry the perforated portion
may be attacked by tree roots in my yard. The house was built in 1984 in
seattle.