Posted to alt.home.repair
Gary

Default fireplace question

How does an outside air kit deliver air to the fire.I do not see any
openings inside the firebox. Heatilator ec 42

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gary wrote:
How does an outside air kit deliver air to the fire.I do not see any
openings inside the firebox. Heatilator ec 42

It's an air kit that can be accessed by either the right or left hand
side of the stove prior to installation. It has a lenghth of metal pipe
that goes out the back of the stove to the outside. Your owners guide
should display all of this. If you don't have one download a pdf copy.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Gary

I have an owners guide but it does not show or explain HOW the outside air
physically gets to the fire
wrote in message
oups.com...

Gary wrote:
How does an outside air kit deliver air to the fire.I do not see any
openings inside the firebox. Heatilator ec 42

It's an air kit that can be accessed by either the right or left hand
side of the stove prior to installation. It has a lenghth of metal pipe
that goes out the back of the stove to the outside. Your owners guide
should display all of this. If you don't have one download a pdf copy.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CDET 14

The air is pulled in with the air pressure created when the smoke is
pulled up the flue. The opening for the air might be in the firebox
behind the stone slates or on the side of the firebox through
grate-like openings.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gary wrote:
I have an owners guide but it does not show or explain HOW the outside air
physically gets to the fire

Through a small hole in the fire box side.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Gary wrote:
How does an outside air kit deliver air to the fire.I do not see any
openings inside the firebox. Heatilator ec 42

It's an air kit that can be accessed by either the right or left hand
side of the stove prior to installation. It has a lenghth of metal pipe
that goes out the back of the stove to the outside. Your owners guide
should display all of this. If you don't have one download a pdf copy.

Design Question: TV Cabinet Hiding Fireplace No Spam Woodworking 7 October 21st 05 03:50 AM
Older Gas fireplace insert stupid question [email protected] Home Repair 3 October 12th 05 11:12 PM
Trim Question the_wise_elder Home Repair 2 October 12th 05 06:23 PM
fireplace question Home Repair 2 October 4th 05 05:10 PM
Limestone Fireplace - chips [email protected] UK diy 0 January 16th 04 07:32 PM