Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
boaz

Default Patching My Leaking Roof - Part 3

Hi guys,

I got alot of discouraging comments many posts below.
But a man has got to do what a man has got to do.... (till he drops!!)

I am not calling the roofer just yet.

It was raining hell Monday here.
Today is Wednesday but my roof is still very wet.
So, I will wait till maybe Saturaday and see if my roof will be dry by then.
If it dries by Saturaday, I will go up there and wash the area near the
little hole.
And then wait another day till Sunday.
By Sunday afternoon when the sun is on top of my head, I will have my brush
and the can of Black Jack Fibered Roof Coating and pour the thing there and
paint it all over that area.

The can says it will take 2 days to dry. I will have to keep a close eye on
the weather.

After it dries, my plan is to put a thin layer of Henry Wet Patch Cement on
top of the Coating. This should stop it from cracking.

This is my plan. Any final word before I go nut with my roof?

help - leaking flat roof boaz Home Repair 11 January 4th 06 01:20 AM
urgent help leaking bay roof! Neil UK diy 2 November 28th 05 11:53 AM
Get a New Roof But Don't Add Any Ventilation? Jay Chan Home Repair 12 March 30th 04 05:16 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
Insulated roof as part of TV house refurbishment Bluestars UK diy 12 September 22nd 03 08:45 PM