Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Old Garage Lighting

I am building a new garage in an old neighboorhood. I am looking for
lighting like this to install over the front and side door. Having
trouble finding lighting like this that is not in a "nautical" theme. I
love these old lights and have some originals on my house.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K1DD5186C

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

They were often installed in factories and warehouses years ago. You might
want to check architectural salvage places.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am building a new garage in an old neighboorhood. I am looking for
lighting like this to install over the front and side door. Having
trouble finding lighting like this that is not in a "nautical" theme. I
love these old lights and have some originals on my house.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K1DD5186C

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

That is a simple cover sold most anywhere here, or a light supply should
help. I have 6 of those covers from borg. A commercial fixture might be
at Grainger, which is better, the borg covers cost me maybe 5$

Posted to alt.home.repair
No

Try these guys - They have neat stuff not sure if they have what yor are
looking for http://www.rejuvenation.com

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am building a new garage in an old neighboorhood. I am looking for
lighting like this to install over the front and side door. Having
trouble finding lighting like this that is not in a "nautical" theme. I
love these old lights and have some originals on my house.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K1DD5186C

Posted to alt.home.repair
Heathcliff

wrote:
I am building a new garage in an old neighboorhood. I am looking for
lighting like this to install over the front and side door. Having
trouble finding lighting like this that is not in a "nautical" theme. I
love these old lights and have some originals on my house.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K1DD5186C

This might be worth a look:

http://www.rejuvenation.com/fixshowM...lection.phtml?
iqg=ae76ea72fe1164e5bb65321c46d14c49 (probably have to fix the line
break in the URL)

Similar lights are available from other lighting places, like
Restoration Hardware, I think I have seen one in galvanized finish, for
that real utilitarian look. -- H