Posted to alt.home.repair

Default B-Dry system

I am considering buying a house that has a B-dry system in the
basement. The owner says the basement has not leaked since it was
installed (20 years). Just the mere fact that this house needed
something to keep this basement dry, is this a big red flag?

Posted to alt.home.repair

no, those interior drains work great, provided its not clogged.

remember brand new homes now come with under slab drains

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Maybe where you live, but not where I live. Builders build them as cheap as
possible. Whatever they can get away with, they will do.

wrote in message
ups.com...
no, those interior drains work great, provided its not clogged.

remember brand new homes now come with under slab drains

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

If you mean french drains they work, they can be standard on quality
homes, I have them, you are much better off to have one then to wish you
did. Its a buying point if he hasnt had water problems

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am considering buying a house that has a B-dry system in the
basement. The owner says the basement has not leaked since it was
installed (20 years). Just the mere fact that this house needed
something to keep this basement dry, is this a big red flag?

Around here all but the cheapest builders routinely install the system in
new construction. It is just part of the cost of a basement. I would not
consider not using it if I build again.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

I would not consider this to be a red flag. If anything some sort of
positive since you know the basement isn't getting wet.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

I believe a B-dry system is an after built addition. They put in a grove in
the floor and insert a gutter. In my opinion, an exterior system is better
with and under slab pipe as a backup.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am considering buying a house that has a B-dry system in the
basement. The owner says the basement has not leaked since it was
installed (20 years). Just the mere fact that this house needed
something to keep this basement dry, is this a big red flag?

Posted to alt.home.repair

have b dry installed in 2 rental houses .they installed sump pump too
to pump out the water. i have had no problems since 1984 when put in. b
dry is the most honest and reasonable leak fixers companies around
period.they charged me under 1000.00 while others wanted 5000.000+ to
dig up the ground on the outside of the basement. .. now i guess if that
sump pump went bad id have a problem. lucas

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
I believe a B-dry system is an after built addition. They put in a grove

in
the floor and insert a gutter. In my opinion, an exterior system is

better
with and under slab pipe as a backup.

That is one way that they do it in retro-fitting.

They have a different system that is installed in new construction.

A satisfied customer.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

new construction around here has code requirement for gravel under slab
with corrugated drain pipes leading to sump or low spot outside.

b dry and others accomplish much the same on a retrofit basis

Posted to alt.home.repair

The pipe for the B-Dry system that runs out of the house drains right
into the back yard. I would like to build a dry well to hide this pipe.
Any suggestions?

Baseboard Hot Water Heating System Question Randy Home Repair 2 December 6th 05 03:37 AM
DRO System Mill/Drill Kenneth A. Emmert Metalworking 11 December 3rd 04 05:28 AM
New system nightmare Victoria UK diy 18 December 23rd 03 12:30 PM
Closed system open system raditors Adam Topp UK diy 6 September 16th 03 06:14 PM