DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   B-Dry system (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/138384-b-dry-system.html)

[email protected] January 3rd 06 03:43 AM

B-Dry system

I am considering buying a house that has a B-dry system in the
basement. The owner says the basement has not leaked since it was
installed (20 years). Just the mere fact that this house needed
something to keep this basement dry, is this a big red flag?

[email protected] January 3rd 06 04:04 AM

B-Dry system

no, those interior drains work great, provided its not clogged.

remember brand new homes now come with under slab drains

Bob January 3rd 06 01:08 PM

B-Dry system

Maybe where you live, but not where I live. Builders build them as cheap as
possible. Whatever they can get away with, they will do.

ups.com...

m Ransley January 3rd 06 01:19 PM

B-Dry system

If you mean french drains they work, they can be standard on quality
homes, I have them, you are much better off to have one then to wish you
did. Its a buying point if he hasnt had water problems

Colbyt January 3rd 06 05:27 PM

B-Dry system

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am considering buying a house that has a B-dry system in the
basement. The owner says the basement has not leaked since it was
installed (20 years). Just the mere fact that this house needed
something to keep this basement dry, is this a big red flag?

Around here all but the cheapest builders routinely install the system in
new construction. It is just part of the cost of a basement. I would not
consider not using it if I build again.

Colbyt

[email protected] January 3rd 06 06:07 PM

B-Dry system

I would not consider this to be a red flag. If anything some sort of
positive since you know the basement isn't getting wet.

Art January 5th 06 06:48 AM

B-Dry system

I believe a B-dry system is an after built addition. They put in a grove in
the floor and insert a gutter. In my opinion, an exterior system is better
with and under slab pipe as a backup.

ups.com...

[email protected] January 5th 06 02:37 PM

B-Dry system

have b dry installed in 2 rental houses .they installed sump pump too
to pump out the water. i have had no problems since 1984 when put in. b
dry is the most honest and reasonable leak fixers companies around
period.they charged me under 1000.00 while others wanted 5000.000+ to
dig up the ground on the outside of the basement. .. now i guess if that
sump pump went bad id have a problem. lucas

Colbyt January 5th 06 10:41 PM

B-Dry system

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
I believe a B-dry system is an after built addition. They put in a grove

in
the floor and insert a gutter. In my opinion, an exterior system is

better
with and under slab pipe as a backup.

That is one way that they do it in retro-fitting.

They have a different system that is installed in new construction.

A satisfied customer.

Colbyt

[email protected] January 6th 06 02:36 AM

B-Dry system

new construction around here has code requirement for gravel under slab
with corrugated drain pipes leading to sump or low spot outside.

b dry and others accomplish much the same on a retrofit basis

[email protected] January 16th 06 02:28 PM

B-Dry system

The pipe for the B-Dry system that runs out of the house drains right
into the back yard. I would like to build a dry well to hide this pipe.
Any suggestions?