Posted to alt.home.repair
Valentine

Default Termite fumigation in L.A. - Winter or Summer?

I live in L.A. and will need to get my house tented for termites - that's a
given, and we're way overdue. The house is 14 years old and has never been
treated (I've been the sole owner). Western Exterminator (who did a very
thorough inspection today, and who I've had good luck with in the past),
says that when they do a winter fumigation, they always use 30% more gas,
and that they have the same success rate regardless of winter or summer.

I want to do it now, but a friend strongly recommends waiting 'til the
summer, and that doing a winter fumigation is a waste of money. Any
thoughts? Also - any experiences with Western?

Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Check their warranty and their status with the BBB, but for my money, I
wouldn't want to wait too long, while the termites eat away. The L.A.
winters aren't winters in the ordinary sense.-Jitney

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

we don't have termites often in buffalo ny, but years ago a new tenant
once brought some cockroaches into an apartment and a professional
exterminator was required. knocked them out in one visit. maybe check
with your neighbors and have the neighborhood done with a bulk
discounted bid.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar

In article , briggs2770
@sbcglobal.net says...
I want to do it now, but a friend strongly recommends waiting 'til the
summer, and that doing a winter fumigation is a waste of money. Any
thoughts? Also - any experiences with Western?

You might try she can thoroughly answer any
fumigation questions you may have and I would bet has reliable contacts
on the west coast for you
--
Lar

Oh, if only Noah would of been a bit more wise,
he surely would of swatted those two flies.

to email....get rid of the BUGS
Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q

Valentine wrote:

I live in L.A. and will need to get my house tented for termites - that's a
given, and we're way overdue. The house is 14 years old and has never been
treated (I've been the sole owner). Western Exterminator (who did a very
thorough inspection today, and who I've had good luck with in the past),
says that when they do a winter fumigation, they always use 30% more gas,
and that they have the same success rate regardless of winter or summer.

I want to do it now, but a friend strongly recommends waiting 'til the
summer, and that doing a winter fumigation is a waste of money. Any
thoughts? Also - any experiences with Western?

Thanks,

The wind tends to blow open seems in the tent. Is this why winter fumigation
is an issue?

Almost all pest/exterminator companies subcontract to a fumigation company.
If you have an inspection report, you can call fumigation companies
directly and save yourself some money.

Beyond finger-crossing: getting through winter with old roof [email protected] Home Ownership 2 December 14th 05 07:03 PM
Termite control dino Home Repair 2 October 20th 04 10:12 PM
Window install - in middle of winter - cons? Jonny R Home Repair 3 May 31st 04 12:59 AM
Termite Activity Reported in Home Email Invalid Home Ownership 5 March 21st 04 05:14 PM
SURVIVING THE 100 YEAR WINTER Gunner Metalworking 12 December 15th 03 06:11 AM