Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend

Default Recomendations for 360 Laser

I'm looking for a laser for helping out with a few projects around in and
out of the house.

I'm not looking to spend a fortune or anything, and only plan to use it
maybe a time or two a month.

My two main things are"
I'd like to be able to put up chair molding and have it level around the
room.
I'd like to be able to pinpoint places on the ceiling based on a position on
the floor.

So I'm thinking something that does 360 and something that will shoot a
level point up and down.

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks,
Scott-

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Scott Townsend wrote:
I'm looking for a laser for helping out with a few projects around in
and out of the house.

I'm not looking to spend a fortune or anything, and only plan to use
it maybe a time or two a month.

My two main things are"
I'd like to be able to put up chair molding and have it level around
the room.
I'd like to be able to pinpoint places on the ceiling based on a
position on the floor.

So I'm thinking something that does 360 and something that will shoot
a level point up and down.

Any recommendations would be great.

If you want a good one, be ready to pay professional prices. A cheap
one is not worth bringing home.

I believe Consumer Reports did a report on them a year or two ago. I
believe they did find a model that was inexpensive and passable. You may
want to stop buy your local library and check out the older copies. They
have an index in the back of the last years reviews.

Thanks,
Scott-

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

For the first project, you might be able to rent or borrow a transit. For
the 2nd project, all you need is a string level.

et...