Posted to alt.home.repair
RB

Default oak flooring question

My house has nice, tongue & groove oak flooring throughout. I'm guessing
the finish is acrylic. I don't believe it's varnish

A number of spots/areas are going bare. Question is whether or not we
should sand prior to putting down more acrylic?

A few areas have scalloping, or curl. Does sanding smooth those down?
Other than cosmetic, is there any reason to deal with those areas?

Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light

The only reason I can think of to recoat over existing finish would be
to preserve the wood until you have time to sand it.

Sanding will remove the warping in the boards. That is the most time
consuming part of the job. Getting the old finish off is easy -
getting the wood flat is not.

Do the job right. The end result is more than worth it.

-rev

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Read the label of your product, it will say sand inbetween coats. A
circular sand floor machine with the right pads is best

Laminated flooring question Boothbay Home Repair 8 November 18th 05 02:41 PM
Flooring Question Brad Woodworking 6 July 28th 05 10:00 AM
Hardwood flooring question felken Home Repair 3 July 14th 05 03:05 AM
Question about vinyl flooring... chicagofan Home Repair 16 April 25th 05 05:44 PM
Oak Flooring care question Toller Home Repair 1 January 23rd 04 05:18 PM