Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Electrical Circuit (partial) Failure

I have an electrical problem I need help solving. I have a light
plugged into a wall outlet, and two ceiling lights (w/2 3 way
switches)... which go off and back on again intermittently. The circuit
breaker doesn't trip, I just lose of power in that part of the circuit.
Today I replaced the outlet, and one of the switches at the botom of
the stairs... although both looked fine, other than a little dirty.

I thought this had solved the problem, but then much to my suprize the
table lamp, and ceiling lights went out again. They cam back on again
about 10 minutes later, but i've turned off everything wired to the
affected area until the problem is fixed.

Tomorow I plan to pull the light fixtures down and check for any loose
wires, and possibly look into the circuit box, but to be honest working
with electricitymakes me a little nervous.

If I turn off the main circuit breaker does that cut power to the
inside of the fuse box, and if anyone has any other suggestoins any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tony