Posted to alt.home.repair
nomedeplame

Default anyone know of (free) online construction cost estimators

All the ones I find seem to want $99 down and $99 per month.

I'm thinking of building a house and want to get a ballpark idea of cost for
things like HVAC, Electric, Plumbing, Masonry. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Nehmo

What "online estimator" are you talking about?

But whatever you are referring to, estimating is complicated and
depends on many variables - (one of which is where you are [1]). I
can't imagine how a program could be at all accurate for something
like that. But if you feel comfortable with new programs, get something
like Chief Architect http://www.chiefarchitect.com/ . After you play
with that for a while, you'll have a better *idea* of what materials
you might need for a project.

[1] And where *are* you? I notice you post to the Croatian newsgroups.

--
(||) Nehmo (||)

Posted to alt.home.repair
siralfred

free consultation is worth every penny you pay for it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

"nomedeplame" wrote in message
. ..

All the ones I find seem to want $99 down and $99 per month.

I'm thinking of building a house and want to get a ballpark idea of cost

for
things like HVAC, Electric, Plumbing, Masonry. Thanks.

And what's wrong with us? we know all about that calculateton!!! It's simple
What ever you come up with then times 2 your there.

Posted to alt.home.repair
nomedeplame

"Nehmo" wrote in message
ps.com...
What "online estimator" are you talking about?

But whatever you are referring to, estimating is complicated and
depends on many variables - (one of which is where you are [1]). I
can't imagine how a program could be at all accurate for something
like that. But if you feel comfortable with new programs, get something
like Chief Architect http://www.chiefarchitect.com/ . After you play
with that for a while, you'll have a better *idea* of what materials
you might need for a project.

[1] And where *are* you? I notice you post to the Croatian newsgroups.

--
(||) Nehmo (||)

Must be a different person using the same name. I'm in central Texas.

I know that it would not be exact. As I said, I'm just looking for a
ballpark figure to know if I should even start down this path.

I already have the fixed costs for the framing, roof, interior and exterior.

Something similar to this is what I mean:

http://www.buildingjournal.com/const...uilding-02.asp

Posted to alt.home.repair
Nehmo

Well use that one then. It's free. I don't think it's much good. It
can't be. It doesn't ask for enough data before it does the
multiplication - and that's all it does, BTW.
However, using a few examples from my experience, the results looked
_kinda_ right.
How big of a house do you plan on?
--
(||) Nehmo (||)

Posted to alt.home.repair
nomedeplame

"Nehmo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well use that one then. It's free. I don't think it's much good. It
can't be. It doesn't ask for enough data before it does the
multiplication - and that's all it does, BTW.
However, using a few examples from my experience, the results looked
_kinda_ right.
How big of a house do you plan on?
--
(||) Nehmo (||)

1600 square feet, single story.

_kinda_ right is all I really wanted at this point. Whether HVAC was
going to be $6000 or $16000 for example.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RNR_construction

"nomedeplame" wrote in message
. ..

All the ones I find seem to want $99 down and $99 per month.

I'm thinking of building a house and want to get a ballpark idea of cost
for
things like HVAC, Electric, Plumbing, Masonry. Thanks.

get some blue prints copy them and then get bids.
add em up there ya go

Posted to alt.home.repair
nomedeplame

wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 00:59:57 GMT, "nomedeplame" wrote:

"Nehmo" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

http://www.buildingjournal.com/const...ent-building-0

2.asp