Posted to alt.home.repair
nomedeplame

Default anyone know of (free) online construction cost estimators

"Nehmo" wrote in message
ps.com...
What "online estimator" are you talking about?

But whatever you are referring to, estimating is complicated and
depends on many variables - (one of which is where you are [1]). I
can't imagine how a program could be at all accurate for something
like that. But if you feel comfortable with new programs, get something
like Chief Architect http://www.chiefarchitect.com/ . After you play
with that for a while, you'll have a better *idea* of what materials
you might need for a project.

[1] And where *are* you? I notice you post to the Croatian newsgroups.

--
(||) Nehmo (||)

Must be a different person using the same name. I'm in central Texas.

I know that it would not be exact. As I said, I'm just looking for a
ballpark figure to know if I should even start down this path.

I already have the fixed costs for the framing, roof, interior and exterior.

Something similar to this is what I mean:

http://www.buildingjournal.com/const...uilding-02.asp