Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Boiler Problem?

Hello,

This morning when I woke up and came downstairs, I noticed my main
floor had not received heat for quite a while. When I went up to bed,
it seemed to be working fine.

Upstairs, the heat is working perfectly. Downstairs, it seems to be
doing nothing. Interestingly, last year around this time, the problem
was reversed. Last year, upstairs was not working and downstairs was
working.

The boiler I have is a Crane Sunnyday 102. Are there any knobs or
switches I can manipulate to attempt to return functionality? I have
recently bled the radiator upstairs.

I have not been able to find any information on this boiler at all.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Aaron

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

This morning when I woke up and came downstairs, I noticed my main
floor had not received heat for quite a while. When I went up to bed,
it seemed to be working fine.

Upstairs, the heat is working perfectly. Downstairs, it seems to be
doing nothing. Interestingly, last year around this time, the problem
was reversed. Last year, upstairs was not working and downstairs was
working.

The boiler I have is a Crane Sunnyday 102. Are there any knobs or
switches I can manipulate to attempt to return functionality? I have
recently bled the radiator upstairs.

I have not been able to find any information on this boiler at all.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

If the upstairs is fine, the problem is not with the boiler. It could be one
of several problems: ciculator, zone valve, thermostat, air in downstairs
loop, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you for the feedback.

Any suggestions for what I can try to remedy this problem? Or do I
need to call in a professional?

I would like to attempt to fix any problems, or test them myself before
calling a professional.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I should also add, since this post began...

I have tried bleeding the main floor radiators, they shoot out cold
water. 2nd floor radiater when bled, does nothing, no water or
hissing.

Does this information help with diagnosis?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you for the feedback.

Any suggestions for what I can try to remedy this problem? Or do I
need to call in a professional?

I would like to attempt to fix any problems, or test them myself before
calling a professional.

It's real difficult to figure out the problem sitting behind a computer, but
you could try a couple things:

You could check your downstairs zone valve. See if there is a lever that you
can use to manually open the valve. Then check to see if your circulator
motor is running. if the circulator is NOT running, see it it runs when the
upstairs thermostat is calling for heat. See if the downstairs pipes start
to get hot.

It would take too long to explain the different options of why it is not
working, but maybe you could at least get some temporary heat that way. Then
i would suggest calling out a reliable heating contractor.

Non-modulating condensing boilers? Egremont UK diy 34 July 22nd 05 07:02 PM
Interesting Boiler Problem Jay UK diy 4 December 18th 03 10:22 PM
Need Help with Gas Boiler Vent Problem! Karen Home Repair 0 December 15th 03 03:05 AM
Hot water problem with my combi boiler Andrew Bainbridge UK diy 1 October 25th 03 10:21 PM
Boiler Problem Gradually Getting Worse Frank Davis UK diy 1 October 23rd 03 10:00 PM