Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Amy L

Default Furnance Question - Cycling

I have a comfortmaker RPJ2 that has a problem. When it goes on everything
appears to operate fine. The blower is going the ignitor ignites for about
5-30 seconds than kicks off. It seems to do this about two times and on the
third time it stays lit and runs. I am suspecting this maybe something
related to safety that might be kicking in? Possibly the thermocouple not
registering the heat from the flame?

FWIW - I am not going to crack it open and start trying to fix it. I am
going to leave it up to the pro's that will show up on Monday. However, I
am trying to get some what of an idea of what the problem could be so when
the tech starts talking I won't feel so stupid.

Also any thoughts on the Comfortmaker RPJ2 - is this a good unit? Cheap?
How efficient or old (do they still make this model, etc)?

Amy

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Rapid cycling gas furnace Dan Hall Home Repair 4 December 3rd 04 04:42 PM
Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 08:29 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM