Posted to alt.home.repair
Craig Davis

Default Soil height around foundation

I have been told that the soil around my house is too high for a buyer to
get an FHA loan. The high soil is conducive to termite infestation. How
much of the foundation should be above the soil to get an FHA loan?

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Soil should not touch any wood I would think is good.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:08:38 -0600, "Craig Davis"
wrote:

I have been told that the soil around my house is too high for a buyer to
get an FHA loan. The high soil is conducive to termite infestation. How
much of the foundation should be above the soil to get an FHA loan?

I would ask the FHA, by phone or webpage, what their building
standards are. If you think that will bias them against you, don't
give them your name or address.

Have you searched the web for FHA termites or something like
that?

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.