Posted to alt.home.repair
81mm

Default Floor Covering Repair..?

I had some pretty good Armstrong floor covering installed a few years ago.
Lately a few seams are lifting, or turning up slightly peeling up. A few
months following the original install the same thing happened and a guy came
out with a hair drier and glue of some kind. I tried the hair drier
trick.., but it doesn't want to lay down, or stay glued. Time to fix, or
new covering..?? Thanks..!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

armstrong commercial tile 1/8" with proper glue is better than the thin
self stick stuff. check for other cause maybe problem dampness from
below. see
http://www.armstrong.com/home/us/en/

Posted to alt.home.repair
81mm

Thanks Buff..,
but I was thinking about a quick repair.., if I have to go with a new
floor, might as well go with all new real Spanish tile.., Si..??

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

"81mm" wrote in message
I had some pretty good Armstrong floor covering installed a few years ago.
Lately a few seams are lifting, or turning up slightly peeling up. A few
months following the original install the same thing happened and a guy

came
out with a hair drier and glue of some kind. I tried the hair drier
trick.., but it doesn't want to lay down, or stay glued. Time to fix, or
new covering..?? Thanks..!!

The heat is just to soften it.

Use the approved glue and add a weight to the top for at least 24 hours.
Buy a couple of 4x8x16 solid concrete blocks if you have to. Protect the
finish with paper between the block and the floor. Worst case you glue some
paper to the floor.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Greenberg

In article TWlnf.622406$_o.518347@attbi_s71,
Colbyt wrote:

"81mm" wrote in message
I had some pretty good Armstrong floor covering installed a few years ago.
Lately a few seams are lifting, or turning up slightly peeling up. A few
months following the original install the same thing happened and a guy

came
out with a hair drier and glue of some kind. I tried the hair drier
trick.., but it doesn't want to lay down, or stay glued. Time to fix, or
new covering..?? Thanks..!!

The heat is just to soften it.

Use the approved glue and add a weight to the top for at least 24 hours.
Buy a couple of 4x8x16 solid concrete blocks if you have to. Protect the
finish with paper between the block and the floor. Worst case you glue some
paper to the floor.

Use wax paper to prevent the paper sticking to the paper.

Posted to alt.home.repair
81mm

Thanks gang.., but I already walked into the kitchen area the other morning,
and I'll be damn'd if'n I didn't trip over the little piece that was peeling
up.., and tore the damn thing lose.., I had to re-do floor anyway.., and we
all need the practice (??).., thanks again..!!