Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

Default Floor Covering Repair..?

"81mm" wrote in message
news:rdfnf.14852$hB6.1431@trnddc05...
I had some pretty good Armstrong floor covering installed a few years ago.
Lately a few seams are lifting, or turning up slightly peeling up. A few
months following the original install the same thing happened and a guy

came
out with a hair drier and glue of some kind. I tried the hair drier
trick.., but it doesn't want to lay down, or stay glued. Time to fix, or
new covering..?? Thanks..!!

The heat is just to soften it.

Use the approved glue and add a weight to the top for at least 24 hours.
Buy a couple of 4x8x16 solid concrete blocks if you have to. Protect the
finish with paper between the block and the floor. Worst case you glue some
paper to the floor.

Colbyt