Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Isaacs

Default 15yr old Whirlpool Dryer

Our gas dryer, Whirpool model LG7681XSN2, is not heating very well any more.
There wasn't much lint in the 4" galvanized exhaust pipe when examined. Is
there any web site that shows you how to take off the various covers/panels
to look at the insides to clean it out and/or perhaps change the sensor or
whatever? Do gas heating elements need to be changed?

Posted to alt.home.repair
scott(remove_to_reply)

Paul,

I had a similar issue with my old GE. Open up the access panel on the
front of the dryer and vacuum out all of the lint. Pay special
attention to the igniter and gas jet.

Scott

Paul Isaacs wrote:
Our gas dryer, Whirpool model LG7681XSN2, is not heating very well any more.
There wasn't much lint in the 4" galvanized exhaust pipe when examined. Is
there any web site that shows you how to take off the various covers/panels
to look at the insides to clean it out and/or perhaps change the sensor or
whatever? Do gas heating elements need to be changed?

Posted to alt.home.repair
John

"Paul Isaacs" wrote in message
Our gas dryer, Whirpool model LG7681XSN2, is not heating very well any
more. There wasn't much lint in the 4" galvanized exhaust pipe when
examined. Is there any web site that shows you how to take off the various
covers/panels to look at the insides to clean it out and/or perhaps change
the sensor or whatever? Do gas heating elements need to be changed?

Repairclinic.com

--
John

Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Isaacs

Thanks Scott. That's one of the things I'm unsure about, getting off the
front access panel. Seems very tight. Do I just haul on it till it gives?
Paul

"scott(remove_to_reply)" wrote
in message ...

Paul Isaacs wrote:
Our gas dryer, Whirpool model LG7681XSN2, is not heating very well any
more. There wasn't much lint in the 4" galvanized exhaust pipe when
examined. Is there any web site that shows you how to take off the
various covers/panels to look at the insides to clean it out and/or
perhaps change the sensor or whatever? Do gas heating elements need to be
changed?

Posted to alt.home.repair
scott(remove_to_reply)

Paul,

The door is hooked on to 2 pins that stick out about 3/4 of the way up
the opening and 2 more pins stick out about 1/4 of the way up from the
bottom preventing the door from swinging into the dryer. The door
usually fits pretty tight. Reach up under the bottom of the dryer body
and push out on the bottom of the door. It should pop open. You will
then be able to push up on the bottom of the door to unhook the top of
it from the pins.

Scott

Paul Isaacs wrote:

Our gas dryer, Whirpool model LG7681XSN2, is not heating very well any
more. There wasn't much lint in the 4" galvanized exhaust pipe when
examined. Is there any web site that shows you how to take off the
various covers/panels to look at the insides to clean it out and/or
perhaps change the sensor or whatever? Do gas heating elements need to be
changed?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Whirpool model LG7681XSN2

Some close that worked for me online....LG7681XSN3 LG7681XSW0
LG7681XSW1 LG7681XSW2 LG7681XSW3

Is there any web site that shows you how to take off the various covers/panels to look at the insides

Something that can help...
http://www.applianceaid.com/wpdryer_how-to.html

Do gas heating elements need to be changed?

Hot surface ignitor, coils on the gas valve are common trouble
makers...
http://www.applianceaid.com/gas_dryer.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Isaacs

Thanks all for your help. Vacuuming out the lint around the works, gobs and
including quite a few dollars in coins, has done the trick for now.

Paul

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Whirpool model LG7681XSN2

Some close that worked for me online....LG7681XSN3 LG7681XSW0
LG7681XSW1 LG7681XSW2 LG7681XSW3

Is there any web site that shows you how to take off the various
covers/panels to look at the insides

Something that can help...
http://www.applianceaid.com/wpdryer_how-to.html

Do gas heating elements need to be changed?

Hot surface ignitor, coils on the gas valve are common trouble
makers...
http://www.applianceaid.com/gas_dryer.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Whirlpool Electric Dryer Problem Hoopster Home Repair 7 July 14th 05 02:09 PM
Whirlpool Electric Dryer Problem Hoopster Electronics Repair 6 July 14th 05 11:14 AM
Whirlpool Gas Dryer Daremo Home Repair 2 February 21st 05 03:44 AM
new whirlpool dryer not drying enough..... david Home Repair 5 January 22nd 05 05:19 AM
Whirlpool Dryer Experience Email Invalid Home Ownership 1 May 5th 04 02:44 AM