Posted to alt.home.repair
scott(remove_to_reply)

Default 15yr old Whirlpool Dryer

Paul,

The door is hooked on to 2 pins that stick out about 3/4 of the way up
the opening and 2 more pins stick out about 1/4 of the way up from the
bottom preventing the door from swinging into the dryer. The door
usually fits pretty tight. Reach up under the bottom of the dryer body
and push out on the bottom of the door. It should pop open. You will
then be able to push up on the bottom of the door to unhook the top of
it from the pins.

Scott

Paul Isaacs wrote:
Thanks Scott. That's one of the things I'm unsure about, getting off the
front access panel. Seems very tight. Do I just haul on it till it gives?
Paul

"scott(remove_to_reply)" wrote
in message ...

Paul,

I had a similar issue with my old GE. Open up the access panel on the
front of the dryer and vacuum out all of the lint. Pay special attention
to the igniter and gas jet.

Scott

Paul Isaacs wrote:

Our gas dryer, Whirpool model LG7681XSN2, is not heating very well any
more. There wasn't much lint in the 4" galvanized exhaust pipe when
examined. Is there any web site that shows you how to take off the
various covers/panels to look at the insides to clean it out and/or
perhaps change the sensor or whatever? Do gas heating elements need to be
changed?