Posted to alt.home.repair

Default insulation...single pane window

I live in a triplex where we have alot of single pane windows.
It gets pretty cool some nights.

I don't open my window much, is there just a way to put up
precut/sealed insulation where my window is?

Is there a product like this available...lets say at Home Depot
or something?

Thanks

Pete

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
ups.com...
I live in a triplex where we have alot of single pane windows.
It gets pretty cool some nights.

I don't open my window much, is there just a way to put up
precut/sealed insulation where my window is?

Is there a product like this available...lets say at Home Depot
or something?

Thanks

Pete

Assuming you mean something clear, there's the plastic film that you stick
to the molding, and then shrink with a hair dryer. 3M's product seems to
work the best, and it's easy to remove in the spring.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Use foamboard your window is likely rated R1 , the pink or blue is R
5.5 per inch and foilfaced R 7.2". Dont paint a sun exposed piece
black, it can melt from trapped radiation and even crack glass. It will
make you warmer, just pop out the panel in daytime if you wish. Plastic
film may add R 1-2 and helps a bit too.

Posted to alt.home.repair
jdk

Thanks

Pete

Assuming you mean something clear, there's the plastic film that you stick
to the molding, and then shrink with a hair dryer. 3M's product seems to
work the best, and it's easy to remove in the spring.

years ago i used the 3m type and it helped a lot. it cut down the breeze
that came thru the single pane old windows.