Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd H.

Default insulation...single pane window

writes:
I live in a triplex where we have alot of single pane windows.
It gets pretty cool some nights.

I don't open my window much, is there just a way to put up
precut/sealed insulation where my window is?

Is there a product like this available...lets say at Home Depot
or something?

It'd be worth trying some of the 3m window film. It is very effective
at sealing out drafts and their double sided take is very effective.
Use a hairdryer to smooth out the plastic, and it ends up no looking
that bad, and you still et light through the windows.

I lived in a really crappy old house in college HORRIBLY maintained
single pane wood windows that hadn't seen caulk in years, and the
window film made it SO much better. I recall having tried a discount
brand one year and concluding that the 3M kits were worth the extra
money.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.