Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Condensate Pump, add one of those ammonia hocky puck things you use in toilet tanks?

Would this be a bad idea? I know those ammonia pucks you put in the
toilet tanks muck up the flapper valves in the toilet tanks, so I don't
use them. I had one lying around and I thought placing one in the pump
might be a good way to kill any mold or bacteria when I install a new
condensate pump for the dehumidifier attached to our furnice. Of
course it could also ruin a brand new pump very quickly, but not sure
if the pumps have any sensitive rubber or other stuff that the
chemicals would ruin.

Any thoughts?

Thanks