Posted to alt.home.repair
JTurner

Default Electric Wall Heaters

Well, since i am redoin the floors I decided to add a nice little
electric wall heater to the batroom. Any recommendations on what type
of heater to get ? I am think 1000 watts. Its a real small bathroom
probably 60sq ft or so, but I want on demend heat for those chilly
nights on arizona lol.

Posted to alt.home.repair
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

I think I would go with a 1200 watts or a 1500 watts for some hair
driers are a 1,000 to 1200 watts.

TURTLE

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

also consider whether it is rated for use in a bathroom and how much
noise you want it to make. a quiet 250 watt clear heatlamp [only 853
btu] in a ceiling fixture warms the skin but not the air and makes
newspaper reading easy. use a remote exhaust fan located up in the
attic not in the bathroom itself to give you more quiet and it may draw
heated air into the bathroom under the door from the warm hallway.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco

I have heaters in both bathrooms .... we
love warm baths and showers, especially
being in the frozen northern midwest.
One is a Broan made for installation in
the vanity cabinet kick plate. I like
it however, you should not install it
where you stand and use the sink or
mirror.
It's much too hot on bare feet. I'm
sorry I didn't put it off to one side or
the other. The other is a Broan (I
think) wall mount. It also does a good
job too. Both are about 1500 watts. I
ran a dedicated 3 conductor romex for
the 2 heaters, each on its own breaker
(shared neutral configuration) as the 2
baths are back to back which a chase
between them.

JTurner wrote:
Well, since i am redoin the floors I decided to add a nice little
electric wall heater to the batroom. Any recommendations on what type
of heater to get ? I am think 1000 watts. Its a real small bathroom
probably 60sq ft or so, but I want on demend heat for those chilly
nights on arizona lol.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

An infrared heat lamp in a ceiling bath fan is is cheaper, works well
and safer.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"m Ransley" wrote in message
An infrared heat lamp in a ceiling bath fan is is cheaper, works well
and safer.

There are also heating vent fans that fit in the same spot. and radiant
heaters that fit into surface ceiling fixtures. I just put a portable space
heater on the shelf during winter and put it away in the summer.

If you install a heating appliance that is hardwired, it should to be on a
separate circuit (if you care about code even if you don't bother with a
permit). If it is plugged in, you can use an existing receptacle. 1500W
will use just about all 20A rated for the branch circuit. Add a hairdryer
and you will trip the breaker for sure, even a lamp might be enough. GFCI
is not required for a hardwired heater but is for any receptacle it might
plug into in the bathroom. In general, permanent wall heaters require their
own branch circuit and are added to the load calculation at 100% rated
current (as opposed to 40% of rated current for other appliances)

Posted to alt.home.repair
JTurner

Yeah, that is a huge problem since my downstairs breaker is only 15A. I
don't have much electrical experience so it wouldn't be practical for
me to add another breaker (and I have to keep it up to code). As far as
using a IR heater via a fan ( I've seen these on braun.com ) could I
hardwire this ?

I don't have a plug in shower area since it is seperate from the rest
of my bathroom (it is behind a door)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Diezmon

Since you're redoing the floors anyway, why not _heat_ the floor with
radiant floor heating?

"JTurner" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, since i am redoin the floors I decided to add a nice little
electric wall heater to the batroom. Any recommendations on what type
of heater to get ? I am think 1000 watts. Its a real small bathroom
probably 60sq ft or so, but I want on demend heat for those chilly
nights on arizona lol.

Posted to alt.home.repair
JTurner

Well, the radient heating systems I have seen would run around 5k for
500 sqft. I want to sell this place in the near future. If anyone knows
how to do a radiant hetaing systems for the floors for around 1k that
would be great!

-J