Posted to alt.home.repair
nr

Default Fluidmaster & Water Hammer - Adjustable?

After my Fluidmaster equipped toilet finishes filling, I get the water
hammer sound. From research, it appears to be caused by the F's fill
valve. Can this be corrected or do I have to replace the entire
assembly? Can the fill valve be replaced? Any other relatively easy
solutions?

Thanks for any info.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

nr wrote:
After my Fluidmaster equipped toilet finishes filling, I get the water
hammer sound. From research, it appears to be caused by the F's fill
valve. Can this be corrected or do I have to replace the entire
assembly? Can the fill valve be replaced? Any other relatively easy
solutions?

Thanks for any info.

Close the cut off valve that feeds the toilet. Leave it open just
enough to fill slowly.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 00:09:05 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

nr wrote:
After my Fluidmaster equipped toilet finishes filling, I get the water
hammer sound. From research, it appears to be caused by the F's fill
valve. Can this be corrected or do I have to replace the entire
assembly? Can the fill valve be replaced? Any other relatively easy
solutions?

Thanks for any info.

Close the cut off valve that feeds the toilet. Leave it open just
enough to fill slowly.

Good idea. I have the toilet near the bedrooms turned so far closed
that I don't hear it at all when it fills. It takes 5 or 10 minutes,
but that's ok. (And it doesn't whistle when it is about to turn off,
either. I think it might do that, but any small adjustment would make
that go away.)

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.
Posted to alt.home.repair
R & S

Try a hammer arrestor. Look up Sioux chief on the internet, they have
arrestors especially made for toilets.
Ron

oups.com...