Posted to alt.home.repair
steve

Default Installing dishwasher

Im installing a built in dishwasher. I want to know if I should put
the waste water outlet before or after the U trap.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Spitzer

usually it goes into a port on the garbage disposal. if you don't have one,
it goes on the sink side of the trap.

"steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Im installing a built in dishwasher. I want to know if I should put
the waste water outlet before or after the U trap.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
steve

I dont have a Garbage disposal. So On the sink side that explains it.
Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
jstp

Yes, on the sink side. If you put it after the U trap, it will suck down the
water in the trap, and the trap now being dry you will get sewer odours out
of your sink.

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in message
usually it goes into a port on the garbage disposal. if you don't have

one,
it goes on the sink side of the trap.

"steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Im installing a built in dishwasher. I want to know if I should put
the waste water outlet before or after the U trap.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

"steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Im installing a built in dishwasher. I want to know if I should put
the waste water outlet before or after the U trap.

Thanks

They Make a tail piece with a tee for a dishwasher (or hose connection)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

Umm, this might sound offensive, but I really don't mean it that
way:
You're installing a dishwasher, and you didn't get any
installation papers with it? Got it cheap somehow? Fell off the
back of a truck?
Is it one of the recalled groups of washers? Do you know
whether the drain hose has to be higher than or lower than a
specific part of the dishwasher? Do you T it or Y it into the
drain? And so on?

From the sound of this question and obvious lack of paperwork
that came with it, I applaud your ambition to install it, but you
need to know a few more things than connecting power and water to
it.

Here's a place to start:
http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/k...stall/new1.htm
and also:
http://www.hometips.com/articles/dishwasher.html

but there are hundreds more waiting for you at google.com if
that's not enough.

HTH,
Pop

"steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
: Im installing a built in dishwasher. I want to know if I should
put
: the waste water outlet before or after the U trap.
:
: Thanks
:

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
. net...

"steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Im installing a built in dishwasher. I want to know if I should put
the waste water outlet before or after the U trap.

Thanks

They Make a tail piece with a tee for a dishwasher (or hose connection)

Hear is what you need http://www.farm-home.com/ldr/JB15936008.htm You

should install a air gap. Dishwasher to air gap, Air gap to Tee