Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaKan

Default Bathfitter?

has anyone heard bad/good things about bathfitter? we have one shower, so i
can't do a total redo of my bathroom. anyone heard good or bad?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Berkshire Bill

"SeaKan" wrote in message
has anyone heard bad/good things about bathfitter? we have one shower, so
i can't do a total redo of my bathroom. anyone heard good or bad?

I heard one bad comment in Trenton, NY and a good comment in Alexandria, LA
but it really depends on who owns the franchise near you.

Bill

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

I hired them to do a bathtub refit for an elderly friend of mine. They
worked quickly and neatly which was all we were really concerned about. The
finished product works fine and looks fine for a plastic tub and enclosure.
If we had the time, clearly a new cast iron tub and ceramic tile would have
been a better choice and I doubt would have cost any more.

"SeaKan" wrote in message
has anyone heard bad/good things about bathfitter? we have one shower, so
i can't do a total redo of my bathroom. anyone heard good or bad?

Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaKan

"SeaKan" wrote in message
has anyone heard bad/good things about bathfitter? we have one shower,
so i can't do a total redo of my bathroom. anyone heard good or bad?

i haven't done the specs yet, but I doubt it would cost less or comparable
to do tile work instead of bathfitter. that is the point to do
bathfitter,....to save cash.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 29 Nov 2005 10:31:31p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
SathurianMews?

"SeaKan" wrote in message
has anyone heard bad/good things about bathfitter? we have one
shower, so i can't do a total redo of my bathroom. anyone heard good
or bad?

i haven't done the specs yet, but I doubt it would cost less or
comparable to do tile work instead of bathfitter. that is the point to
do bathfitter,....to save cash.

I thought the point was to have the work done very quickly and with a
minimum of disruption and mess.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to alt.home.repair
calhoun

"SeaKan" wrote in message
has anyone heard bad/good things about bathfitter? we have one shower,
so i can't do a total redo of my bathroom. anyone heard good or bad?

i haven't done the specs yet, but I doubt it would cost less or comparable
to do tile work instead of bathfitter. that is the point to do
bathfitter,....to save cash.

They cost about $3000.00. I can install a new (piece Sterling) unit with new
plumb and faucets for that but I can't complete it in a day. So I would say
they cost more but the advantage is the time savings.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I would not use them. I would rather do it right (i.e.- fix the
problem instead of covering it up).