Posted to alt.home.repair
calhoun

Default Bathfitter?

"SeaKan" wrote in message

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
I hired them to do a bathtub refit for an elderly friend of mine. They
worked quickly and neatly which was all we were really concerned about.
The finished product works fine and looks fine for a plastic tub and
enclosure. If we had the time, clearly a new cast iron tub and ceramic
tile would have been a better choice and I doubt would have cost any more.

"SeaKan" wrote in message
has anyone heard bad/good things about bathfitter? we have one shower,
so i can't do a total redo of my bathroom. anyone heard good or bad?

i haven't done the specs yet, but I doubt it would cost less or comparable
to do tile work instead of bathfitter. that is the point to do
bathfitter,....to save cash.

They cost about $3000.00. I can install a new (piece Sterling) unit with new
plumb and faucets for that but I can't complete it in a day. So I would say
they cost more but the advantage is the time savings.