Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outlets Don't Work

The other night all of a sudden the outlets in all the bedrooms and
half of the living room went out. We checked to see if it was just a
blown fuse but that wasn't the case. I know I need to call my landlord
to get it fixed, but does anyone know what sounds like happened?

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

wrote in message
ups.com...
The other night all of a sudden the outlets in all the bedrooms and
half of the living room went out. We checked to see if it was just a
blown fuse but that wasn't the case. I know I need to call my landlord
to get it fixed, but does anyone know what sounds like happened?

Fuses? surely your joking
Circuit breakers probably and maybe Arc Faults breakers if new.

Move all of the breakers from one side to the other 2 times. If one has
tripped it should reset. If this fails call the landlord.

If it trips right away while your resetting it. Remove everything from the
outlets until you find the offending appliance.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

It's often hard to tell if a fuse or circuit breaker has opened the circuit.
If fuses, switch same amperage fuses with others and reset circuit breakers
by pushing the handle hard to the off position then back to the on position.
If this doesn't work, it's likely you have an open circuit at one of the
junction boxes which should be checked by and electrician

wrote in message
ups.com...
The other night all of a sudden the outlets in all the bedrooms and
half of the living room went out. We checked to see if it was just a
blown fuse but that wasn't the case. I know I need to call my landlord
to get it fixed, but does anyone know what sounds like happened?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

:
: Fuses? surely your joking
: Circuit breakers probably and maybe Arc Faults breakers if new.

There are tons of fuse boxes left in the US and most other
countries too for that matter. I'm surprised it would surprise
you.
:
: Move all of the breakers from one side to the other 2 times. If
one has
: tripped it should reset. If this fails call the landlord.
I don't agree with that: It's more important to make sure you
pass the detent, if there is one, when you flip the breaker back
on. Multiple switching them won't accomplish much of anything
but wasting time, but then it can't hurt much either I guess.

Just my opinions;