Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dryer vent box thingy ?

Hi, in my new house, where the dryer goes is against a concrete block
wall between the main house and the garage. There's a hole broken thru
the block wall for the dryer vent to run and I have it temporarily
hooked up this way - the dryer just blows out into the garage.

The hole is quite a distance from an exterior wall so I can't figure a
way to redirect the hot air outside. It's be a 20 foot run to get to
an exterior wall.

I heard there's some kind of box you can use in such situations (blast
box ?) that I could put in the garage over the hole i the wall, to
catch lint and diffuse the hot air.

Does this ring any bells ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dryerbox - No, that's funny, I ran across that just before I posted.
Based on the feedback I will give more thought to venting this thing
out the wall. I did have to spend some time in the garage today while
the dryer was running, and golly it was humid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Our dryer originally was vented out the ceiling and roof of the house
but it kept getting stopped up and we had to change it. We had a man
come in and he vented it out the wall into the garage where he then
hooked it to a vent pipe which runs up into the ceiling and across,
into the soffit on the outside.. It has a clean-out place in the
garage in case we need it. We have had no problems since he did this.
He also did our neighbors and she hasn't had any problems either. My
laundry room backs up to the garage.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Don

roger61611 wrote
Hi, in my new house, where the dryer goes is against a concrete block
wall between the main house and the garage. There's a hole broken thru
the block wall for the dryer vent to run and I have it temporarily
hooked up this way - the dryer just blows out into the garage.

The hole is quite a distance from an exterior wall so I can't figure a
way to redirect the hot air outside. It's be a 20 foot run to get to
an exterior wall.

I heard there's some kind of box you can use in such situations (blast
box ?) that I could put in the garage over the hole i the wall, to
catch lint and diffuse the hot air.

If this is a new home, as you said, I'm wondering how the home was issued a
certificate of occupancy if the dryer was not vented in accordance to code?
An improperly vented dryer is a potential fire issue.

re-routing a dryer vent RD Home Repair 10 July 15th 05 04:50 PM
dryer vent location John Home Repair 7 June 14th 05 04:31 AM
Where oh where to put an ouside dryer vent from below ground Wally Home Repair 23 December 17th 04 12:11 PM
Where oh where to put an ouside dryer vent from below ground Wally Home Ownership 23 December 17th 04 12:11 PM
Help with dryer vent on glass block window Jordan Powell Home Repair 7 February 27th 04 02:56 AM