Posted to alt.home.repair
atyson

Default Anchor to tile floor (concrete base)

How would you suggest I anchor to an internal tile floor which is over
a concrete slab base? Tiles are 12" square, about 0.25" thick.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier

They have drill bits for this purpose. Also when you do drill , try to
drill on the grout lines if you can.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

atyson wrote:
How would you suggest I anchor to an internal tile floor which is over
a concrete slab base? Tiles are 12" square, about 0.25" thick.

Anchor what? Drilling through the tile is the least of it - choosing
the right fastener is more important.

Posted to alt.home.repair
atyson

Thank you both. To the tile floor, I'll be trying to anchor the base
of a decorative wood column, where the base pedestal is 13" square.
The tile floor grout is laid at a 45 angle pattern, so finding an achor
spot within the grout line won't be a problem. The column's base
pedestal is not solid, but made out of 1" thick wood walls. Your right
regarding the "right fastener" as I'd need it to a) anchor to the tile
floor then b) fasten to the exerior side of the wood pedestal box (just
2 total). Then I'm thinking of hiding the "fastener" with base molding
around the pedestal. Further thoughts & suggestions welcome.

Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG

There is a great chance of cracking stone/ceramic/quarry type
tile. If you do not need to drill and anchor, I would not. For a
decorative column cover I would use construction adhesive.

(top posted for your convenience)
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

ups.com...