Posted to alt.home.repair
atyson

Default Anchor to tile floor (concrete base)

Thank you both. To the tile floor, I'll be trying to anchor the base
of a decorative wood column, where the base pedestal is 13" square.
The tile floor grout is laid at a 45 angle pattern, so finding an achor
spot within the grout line won't be a problem. The column's base
pedestal is not solid, but made out of 1" thick wood walls. Your right
regarding the "right fastener" as I'd need it to a) anchor to the tile
floor then b) fasten to the exerior side of the wood pedestal box (just
2 total). Then I'm thinking of hiding the "fastener" with base molding
around the pedestal. Further thoughts & suggestions welcome.