Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default My HF air compressor doesn't work

I have one of those $79.99 air compressors from HF. 2 weeks ago it worked
fine. Today it won't turn on. Can't find the instruction manual.
Any idea what I should do about it? I mean, besides buying a better tool
next time.

Yeh, it is plugged in.
Yeh, the circuit is live.
Yeh, it is full of oil.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Toller wrote:

I have one of those $79.99 air compressors from HF. 2 weeks ago it worked
fine. Today it won't turn on. Can't find the instruction manual.
Any idea what I should do about it? I mean, besides buying a better tool
next time.

Yeh, it is plugged in.
Yeh, the circuit is live.
Yeh, it is full of oil.

It's an obviousity, but any chance there's still enough pressure in the
tank to keep the pressure switch off, waiting for it to drop down to the
turn on pressure?

Failing that, start circuit tracing from the line cord prongs back to
the motor windings.

Good luck,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
blueman

Did you try resetting the internal circuit breaker.
I used mine on a long extension cord that caused the compressor to
first run slow and then stop in the middle of an important job.

I was sure that I had blown it and would have to wait weeks for HF to
repair, until I remembered to press the reset switch.

Plagiarism Kirk Woodturning 118 March 9th 05 12:04 PM
How to find a good contractor? Alexander Galkin Home Repair 34 March 1st 05 05:06 PM
Electrical work - would inspector check previously done work? Himanshu Home Repair 4 January 23rd 05 07:04 PM
Moisture Cure Urethane (Moisture Cured Urethane) Moshe Woodworking 6 September 5th 03 05:50 PM
Garage Door Work question Rich Greenberg Home Ownership 0 August 6th 03 01:12 AM