Posted to alt.home.repair
Alpern

Default Changing my thermostat?

Hi, guys! I hope someone can provide a bit of advice.

I have a 2 heat pump system - one for upstairs, one for downstairs.
Each pump is controlled by a separate Janitrol manual thermostat. I
had this idea to replace the thermostats with programmable ones, and I
got a great deal on a pair of Honeywell T8011R's on Ebay.

Popping open the covers of the new thermostats and the old ones, I see
the Janitrol has these 7 inputs: Y G R O W2, E, and C. The Honeywell
has these 7, plus 3 mo B, W1, and L.

I was going to contact someone to install it for me, but it seems
pretty simple - could it be that I just have to match up the 7 wires to
the corresponding inputs on the Honeywell? What do the other 3 inputs
do? Does it matter if they're not used? The screwholes for the
Honeywell even line up exactly where the ones on the Janitrol are. I
hate to call a contractor if it's something I could easily do myself.

Oh, and if it IS that easy, is some kind of configuation necessary?

Thanks, all!

Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"Alpern" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

The manual on line has a nice diagram that explains everything.
http://www.comfortparts.com/pdfs/T8011_installation.pdf

If your unsure then it IS time to call someone who knows what they are
doing. Before you let the magic out of the system.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"Alpern" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

The other wires are for other configurations and are provided for
compatibility. Only use the connections that match your furnace. The
instruction sheet should give functions for all the connections and
configuration information if it is needed.

Hot water cylinder thermostat changing. Womaniser UK diy 6 October 2nd 05 10:59 PM
To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
Changing a room thermostat Ali UK diy 3 December 29th 04 09:38 AM
replaced thermostat - Em/AUX heat always on Giles Harney Home Ownership 1 December 22nd 04 08:42 PM
Changing a room thermostat / wiring Left Nothing UK diy 6 January 6th 04 09:46 AM