Posted to alt.home.repair
Priz

Default Totaline thermostat problem

I have a Totaline P274-1200 Gold series programmable thermostat
connected to a Luxaire heat pump system with 2 stage heat/1 state
cooling and have run across a problem.

When the thermostat is in Auto mode, i.e. able to switch between
heating and cooling, the indoor unit will shut down but the outdoor
unit will keep running, sometimes so much the lines freeze up.

When I have the thermostat in cooling mode, i.e. it only switches on
A/C and not heat, the outside unit will shut off like it should. It
doesn't seem to do this in heating mode though.

I tried duplicating this for the A/C technician and it didn't happen so
he couldn't tell what was going on. It also seems to happen more at
night than during the day. The technician checked the A/C equipment
and it was working fine, so he suspected the thermostat, which we had
before the new A/C equipment was installed.

The thermostat is out of warranty and frankly, I don't want to spend
another $170+ on a new one and was wonding if there was something else
I'm overlooking. I looked on Totaline's website and couldn't find
anything regarding this problem.

If anyone has any ideas, they'd be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"Priz" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

there is a pdf troubleshooting guide available.
http://www.totaline.com/corp/details...TI7381,00.html

bottom of the page.
Troubleshooting Gold Stats (and Signature P374-0000, 0100, 0200, 0300)
Click here.

I think your looking at a wiring problem.

I never use the auto feature. My experience is that they do not work
correctly. Then again the stat could have crapped.

Attached Images