Louis McEniry

Default Washer standpipe

Hello,

I am wondering about modifying my washer's standpipe to accomodate more
space under the counter. If I maintain the right hieght, and a downward
slope, can it have two angles in it as opposed to one L type shape? The
total travel distance to the sinks P trap is only a few feet.

Current shape:

|____ P trape

Proposed shape:

|__

P trap

Thanks for any comments!

Louis

Speedy Jim

Louis McEniry wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering about modifying my washer's standpipe to accomodate more
space under the counter. If I maintain the right hieght, and a downward
slope, can it have two angles in it as opposed to one L type shape? The
total travel distance to the sinks P trap is only a few feet.

Current shape:

|____ P trape

Proposed shape:

|__

P trap

Thanks for any comments!

Louis

Yes, that will work.
I would use "Long-turn" Els; they have a larger sweep radius.

All so-called 90 deg fittings for drainage have the
required slope built into the fitting pattern.

Jim