ZRexRider

Default tecumseh - lawnmower carb problem?

Hi,

I have a lawnmower with an 8hp Tecumseh engine. Haven't started it in
about a month or so. Today it started nicely - drove it about 5
minutes and it just shut down.

When I tried to re-start I think fuel got into the muffler because I
got white smoke - more like steam that smelled of gas.....whoa!

Opened oil filter and found gas in there. Pulled the spark plug and of
course it was soaked. Got it dried out, started again and same thing.

Guess I have carb problems - anybody seen this before?

Thanks

m Ransley

Likely a stuck float is alowing raw gas to dump in the motor, Drain the
oil twice after starting it a minute to get the gas out, dont run it if
the oil level is up, that would mean its full of gas, it is possible to
ruin a motor running it with to much gas in the oil. The carb should be
probably rebuilt , if you have no gas shut off store the gas tank empty
for now or it could flood again.

ZRexRider

Thanks - carb is on the workbench and when my local store opens I will
be heading in to get the rebuild kit. Oil will be draining while I'm
shopping.

Always nice to have something to do on the weekend.

ZRexRider

Took float off - shook it - it has gas in it. Will be replacing that
too. For anybody else reading this thread go here and get a free
Tecumseh repair manual on PDF.

http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf