nospambob

Default Heat pump explanation anywhere?

We're about to move from sunny Calif to variable Georgia weather and
barely know how to spell "heat pump" and are looking for a site for
reference and hopefully explanations. Options?
Jeff Wisnia

nospambob wrote:

We're about to move from sunny Calif to variable Georgia weather and
barely know how to spell "heat pump" and are looking for a site for
reference and hopefully explanations. Options?

This might help you get started:

http://www.trane.com/Residential/Pro...HeatPumps.aspx

We've had a couple of Trane heat pumps for our home for 20 years, anf
just replaced them with new Trane units this year. We also have a couple
servicing our business location.

I'm as satisfied as I could be with them. From my point of view, they
may not be the cheapest way to heat your home, but I think they're the best.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

SQLit

"nospambob" wrote in message
We're about to move from sunny Calif to variable Georgia weather and
barely know how to spell "heat pump" and are looking for a site for
reference and hopefully explanations. Options?\\\

\

Options for what?

Heat pumps works fine for cooling, so for heating. Heat pumps should be very
common in Sunny Kalifornia. Heat pumps suck at heating below 45 F.
If cooling is the primary issue then get a unit that is good for cooling, a
higher SEER. If heating is primary then look for one with a high COP number.
It will not be a heat pump.
Heat pumps are good where the electric rates are not high. Of course coming
from CA the electric rates in some part of the country will seem cheap to
you.
When you get to the area look at your neighbors home and around the area see
what they have. A lot of folks where heating is an issue use a straight cool
compressor and gas heat, or what is sometimes called dual fuel.

So many questions so little information.

SQLit wrote:

If cooling is the primary issue then get a unit that is good for cooling, a
higher SEER. If heating is primary then look for one with a high COP number.
It will not be a heat pump.

Very mysterious. Care to explain more?

Nick

nospambob

Thanks for responses. I don't know enough about them to formulate a
question but this site looks like it will be a good resource. Thanks
Jeff.

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:49:18 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

http://www.trane.com/Residential/Pro...HeatPumps.aspx

Craven Morehead

Whatever you do, do NOT do business with R. S. Andrews. They operate out of
Atlanta and took seven trips before they managed to properly install my
furnace and heat pump. I actually had to teach the tech how to solder.

"nospambob" wrote in message
We're about to move from sunny Calif to variable Georgia weather and
barely know how to spell "heat pump" and are looking for a site for
reference and hopefully explanations. Options?

heat pump/secondary propane furnace questions JohnW Home Ownership 11 January 28th 05 01:50 PM
Cheaper to set back heat pump at night or leave at same temp? [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 27th 04 11:44 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Replace of Heat Pump or Get new system? OKE Home Ownership 1 May 15th 04 07:16 PM
turn-off: Texas heat pump sellers slow to give "happy-user" refs Mike Heatley Home Ownership 1 September 3rd 03 05:18 PM