Junior Member

Default Intermittent hot water from Megaflow

Hi all,

New to the forum...hoping someone can help on something which has a CORGI engineer stumped...

I have a Megaflow 250 tank fitted (about 5 years old) with a Potterton Suprima 120. Now the boiler runs at the set time to heat the water and the tank is full of hot water.

However, when yuo open a hot water tap, it will flow hot water and then sconds later, cold water runs from it, then back to hot....on other occasion it will be piping hot water....and other times just plain cold. Turn it off and turn it on immediately and it pipes out hot water !

To my mind, whatever is in the mega flow tank should pour out. The tank is full of piping hot water yet on opening a single hot water tap, cold water is coming out ! But not always !!

I have checked the thermostat on the megaflow and that is the right temp.

Can anyone give any pointers on this one please ?

thanks
talbir

Tankless water heaters Edward Grant Home Repair 11 September 13th 05 12:42 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM