GM

Default Weil McLain vs Williamson Boilers?

I read somewhere that Weil Mclain now owns Williamson, but can't really
confirm this anywhere.

I recently got a quote to change my boiler, originally quoted in the
price was a Weil Mclain EG-55, but what was delivered was a Williamson
GSA-200N-S. They seem to have comparable AFUE, and BTU ratings. Both
200000 BTU and 81.9 AFUE rating. Both have a 10 year warranty. Does
anyone know if Weil Mclain actually owns Williamson? Any opinions on
these 2 units? Is one better than the other?

Thanks in advance,
Gus

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to GM, JIm Winters wrote:
Yes, Williamson is owned by WM which is a D/B/A of Marley-Wylain Company. The
boilers are identical and changes the colors. Some Williamson products may
have less bells and whistles but don't be fooled you really need them.
Williamson is the best kept secret and should always be selected over WM.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ers-48389-.htm

Condensing Boilers & Fuel Prices RedOnRed UK diy 33 October 20th 05 09:34 AM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Suitable bath taps for combi boilers First Network UK diy 1 February 11th 05 02:40 PM
Condensing-combi boilers Sapient Fridge UK diy 16 September 23rd 03 01:27 PM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM