Bob

Default Firewood

Hi, I need to buy some wood for the fireplace, not as a heating source,
more for leasure, but still expect to go through at least 1 cord, if
not 2 this winter.

A friend suggested the following (they're local to me), was wondering
if anyone had any experience with either them directly or a similar
product? (I'm sure their product isn't unique by any stretch).

http://www.eco-lution.ca/compare_e.html

I'll probably try to find a local store and buy a sample box to see for
myself, but any feedback or thoughts appreciated.

Bob

Make that... leisure.

Haven't had my 2nd cup of Java of the day...

louie

Interesting concept and it sounds like it should work as advertised -
I'd say buy one of the special promo-packs or tryout boxes that they
advertise and give it a try. At this time of the year, good firewood
is going to be expensive and hard to come by I think so you don't have
much to lose by trying it. Do us all a favor if you do try this, post
your thoughts back here afterwards so we can all learn.

Cheers.

Toller

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I need to buy some wood for the fireplace, not as a heating source,
more for leasure, but still expect to go through at least 1 cord, if
not 2 this winter.

A friend suggested the following (they're local to me), was wondering
if anyone had any experience with either them directly or a similar
product? (I'm sure their product isn't unique by any stretch).

http://www.eco-lution.ca/compare_e.html

I'll probably try to find a local store and buy a sample box to see for
myself, but any feedback or thoughts appreciated.

A month doesn't go by that I don't see a large pile of maple or oak sitting
in the street, waiting for the town to haul it away. I ignore it, knowing
that I will find some black locust with a little patience.
Buy fake wood? Argh...

"louie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Interesting concept and it sounds like it should work as advertised -
I'd say buy one of the special promo-packs or tryout boxes that they
advertise and give it a try. At this time of the year, good firewood
is going to be expensive and hard to come by I think so you don't have
much to lose by trying it. Do us all a favor if you do try this, post
your thoughts back here afterwards so we can all learn.

Cheers.

Those logs look like giant wood pellets. Too bad they don't have a dealer
network in the US. I'd like to try some.

northwoods hunterX

So you resist buying gas and oil knowing the blood of arabs flows in those
lines??? You refuse coffee because its known as the 'black mans sweat'?
This is a fine canadian invention, hope we never send a single stick of it
to the great satan to the south. Let em freeze!!!!
"Toller" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I need to buy some wood for the fireplace, not as a heating source,
more for leasure, but still expect to go through at least 1 cord, if
not 2 this winter.

A friend suggested the following (they're local to me), was wondering
if anyone had any experience with either them directly or a similar
product? (I'm sure their product isn't unique by any stretch).

http://www.eco-lution.ca/compare_e.html

I'll probably try to find a local store and buy a sample box to see for
myself, but any feedback or thoughts appreciated.

A month doesn't go by that I don't see a large pile of maple or oak
sitting in the street, waiting for the town to haul it away. I ignore it,
knowing that I will find some black locust with a little patience.
Buy fake wood? Argh...

Toller

"northwoods hunterX" wrote in message
.. .
So you resist buying gas and oil knowing the blood of arabs flows in those
lines??? You refuse coffee because its known as the 'black mans sweat'?
This is a fine canadian invention, hope we never send a single stick of it
to the great satan to the south. Let em freeze!!!!

I don't buy fake wood because real wood is readily available for free.
Perhaps you meant to reply to something else? Or did the medication wear
off?

"Toller" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I need to buy some wood for the fireplace, not as a heating source,
more for leasure, but still expect to go through at least 1 cord, if
not 2 this winter.

A friend suggested the following (they're local to me), was wondering
if anyone had any experience with either them directly or a similar
product? (I'm sure their product isn't unique by any stretch).

http://www.eco-lution.ca/compare_e.html

I'll probably try to find a local store and buy a sample box to see for
myself, but any feedback or thoughts appreciated.

A month doesn't go by that I don't see a large pile of maple or oak
sitting in the street, waiting for the town to haul it away. I ignore
it, knowing that I will find some black locust with a little patience.
Buy fake wood? Argh...

Eric

northwoods hunterX wrote:

So you resist buying gas and oil knowing the blood of arabs flows in those
lines??? You refuse coffee because its known as the 'black mans sweat'?
This is a fine canadian invention, hope we never send a single stick of it
to the great satan to the south. Let em freeze!!!!

Whoa! touched a nerve there sonny did he? Get your nose out of the air and
chill! ****ing Canuck.

"Toller" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I need to buy some wood for the fireplace, not as a heating source,
more for leasure, but still expect to go through at least 1 cord, if
not 2 this winter.

A friend suggested the following (they're local to me), was wondering
if anyone had any experience with either them directly or a similar
product? (I'm sure their product isn't unique by any stretch).

http://www.eco-lution.ca/compare_e.html

I'll probably try to find a local store and buy a sample box to see for
myself, but any feedback or thoughts appreciated.

A month doesn't go by that I don't see a large pile of maple or oak
sitting in the street, waiting for the town to haul it away. I ignore
it, knowing that I will find some black locust with a little patience.
Buy fake wood? Argh...

Mike Hartigan

My $.02 - If your goal is ambience, go for real wood. This stuff is
going to be butt-ugly in the fireplace. No snapping sound, no
randomness to the flame, and no wood-burning scent. I suspect you'll
tire of it quickly. This would be great for heat if, for whatever
reason, you refuse to use gas or oil. But natural gas, oil, propane,
and electricity are much cheaper.

In article . com,
says...
Hi, I need to buy some wood for the fireplace, not as a heating source,
more for leasure, but still expect to go through at least 1 cord, if
not 2 this winter.

A friend suggested the following (they're local to me), was wondering
if anyone had any experience with either them directly or a similar
product? (I'm sure their product isn't unique by any stretch).

http://www.eco-lution.ca/compare_e.html

I'll probably try to find a local store and buy a sample box to see for
myself, but any feedback or thoughts appreciated.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Mike Hartigan" wrote in message
.net...
My $.02 - If your goal is ambience, go for real wood. This stuff is
going to be butt-ugly in the fireplace. No snapping sound, no
randomness to the flame, and no wood-burning scent. I suspect you'll
tire of it quickly. This would be great for heat if, for whatever
reason, you refuse to use gas or oil. But natural gas, oil, propane,
and electricity are much cheaper.

I don't know about this brand, but don't some add salts to make the colored
flames? If it is indeed compressed or pellatized wood there will be some
odor, but dried to 2% moisture I'm sure some of the aromatics were purged.

I'd want to try a box before buying an entire cord of it.

Cherry Firewood toller Woodworking 2 December 29th 04 03:56 PM
Firewood smell in basement when burning wood on first floor. [email protected] Home Ownership 4 December 17th 04 04:59 PM
Cutting firewood with a table saw ray Woodworking 37 August 8th 04 08:33 PM
Semi OT - Pine Firewood J T Woodworking 10 April 13th 04 01:19 PM
Firewood loads (again) David W.E. Roberts UK diy 6 December 19th 03 09:20 AM